QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in adult health and social care provision or in children and young people's services. It is for existing Managers and or Leaders within the care sector.
What will I study?
The Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care is split into six pathways, three for adults and three for children and young people:
- Residential Services
- Advanced Practice
To achieve this qualification learner must gain a minimum of 68 Credit from the mandatory units and the remaining units from Optional Group B,C and D.
Who is it suitable for?
The Management pathway is suitable for Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers working in day or domiciliary services who are looking to progress their career. It is also appropriate for Managers who have not yet achieved a vocational qualification at this level.
The Residential Services pathway is aimed at those in similar job roles as those taking the Management pathways but the focus is on management and care in residential settings.
The Advanced Practice pathway is geared towards senior practitioners who would like to develop their career but wish to remain active practitioners in the management framework.
What are the entry requirements?
Management or Leadership work experience in care
Mandatory Entry Requirements
Level 3/4 certificate in Health & Social Care/Childcare
- Interview and assessment
- Agreement Letter from employer
- Job Description
Level 5 Diploma Leadership in Health & Social Care
There are 14 mandatory units:
- Use & develop systems that Promote to communication
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop Health & safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures & Practice in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Work in Partnership in health and social care or children's and young people's settings
- Manage health and Social Care Practice to ensure positive outcomes for individuals
- Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults
- Lead and mange group living for adults
- Understand safeguarding of children and young (for those working in adult sector)
- Lead person centered practice
- Lead and manage a team within a health, social care or children's and young people's setting.
- Develop professional supervision practice in health and social care or children's and young people's settings
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
- Understand professional management and leadership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
How long is the Course?
What related qualifications can you progress to?
A Degree in a related discipline.
Which type of Job Roles can you apply for on completion?
- Adults Management
- Residential Management
- Children and Young People's Management
What to do next?
If you require more information, or to find out the cost of the course and how to apply contact us: T: 0208 800 6621 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org