Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Hairdressing & Barbering
What is this for?
A Hairdressing NVQ is for anyone who's serious about a hairdressing career. There are options to suit individual needs and aspirations - and if you're already working in hairdressing, you could develop your skills to become a senior stylist.
What will I study?
The Diploma in hairdressing is split into many pathways with set units
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
There are 8 mandatory units:
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques.
You are also required to take a number of optional units, depending on the number of credits, from:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Plait and twist hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Attach hair to enhance style.
We also offer Level 2 Diploma in Combined Hairdressing - the unit requirements are slightly different.