Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Hairdressing & Barbering
What is this for?
A Hairdressing NVQ is for anyone who's serious about a hairdressing career. There are options to suit individual needs and aspirations - and if you're already working in hairdressing, you could develop your skills to become a senior stylist.
What will I study?
The Diploma in hairdressing is split into many pathways with set units
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
There are 4 mandatory units:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
You are also required to take a number of optional units, depending on credit size. Only one optional unit can be selected from group 2.
Optional Group 1:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Create a variety of permed effects
- Provide creative hair extension services.
Optional Group 2:
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Support client service improvements
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities