City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
Who is this for?
This qualiﬁcation develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a senior role with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures. It is for existing senior care workers and team leaders
What will I study?
The Diploma in health & Social Care is split into three pathways with set units:
- Generic Health and Social Care
- Learning Disability
It is also a must-have for all those undertaking the Level 3 Health and Social Care Apprenticeship.
What are the entry requirements?
A minimum of 2 years working experience as a Senior Care Worker/Team Leader or Level 2 certificate in health & Social Care
Mandatory Entry Requirements
- DBS is required
- Interview and assessment
- Agreement of applicants employer
Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
Learners must achieve 58 credits. 28 credits for the 9 mandatory units and you will also require 30 optional credits from the above three pathways.
There are 9 mandatory units:
- Promote to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and Implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings